What sets Satya Incense apart and at the forefront of incense manufacturing is the use of the masala/flora technique in production. This approach is both a return to the roots steeped in Indian spirituality and a recognition of quality.
“Shrinivas Sugandhalaya (BNG) LLP” is a committed equal opportunity employer. They see themselves as a family. Their organization and its parent’s company have worked with a predominantly female employees based on three generations of female employees working under the same roof at this present time. Jobs at their establishment frequently pass hands from grandmothers to mothers to daughters.
Their employees are skilled artisans, having gained expertise from years of hand-rolling and handcrafting of Satya incense. These artisans are trained in the exact measure of “Flora” incense blend required for making of a perfect and uniform stick. The use of bamboo in their work ensures a minimal ecological footprint and is of support to tribal artisans. Their employees are provided with social overheads and a fair wage in addition to work gear, including masks and gloves.
Owing to this uniqueness in their employees, their engagement with social justice with equity, ‘gifts’ rather than anything between the Company and Employees are passed on in the form of Household Utensils and Sarees every year. All meals are shared within the industry premises accrediting again to an informal and interpersonal relationship as a family.
In this way, supporting their work in handcrafted incense lends a voice to craft, the earth, tribal welfare, gender parity and agency.
All Scents are One 15-gram box.
- Attract Money: Aan elegant masala agarbatti suitable for meditation and yoga. It produces a light and airy ambiance.
- Mood/Inspiration: Good Fortune, Love, and Creativity
- Description/Key Notes: Tranquility
- Use: welcomes love, creativity and good fortune, making it fit for both home and office environment.
- Arabian Jasmine – Hand rolled in India from pure extracts and fine scented oils, this is a beautiful amber and wildflower honey base scent with a seductive jasmine theme.
- Mood/Inspiration: Laughter.
- Description/Key Notes: Uplifting, Floral, Sprightly
- Use: Jasmine flora incense supports self-confidence, is a mood enhancer and antidepressant. Jasmine also acts as an aphrodisiac and helps balance feminine energy/ yin within the body.
- California White Sage: New sacred series from the makers of Satya Nag Champa, a masala style incense
- Mood/Inspiration: Relaxation/Stress Relief
- Description/Key Notes: Calming
- Use: was created to help create an atmosphere of relaxation and stress relief. An exceptional incense that embodies the fine art of traditional Indian incense making.
- Dragon’s Blood – The Dragon’s Blood flora incense features a star ingredient from the family treasure trove.
- Mood/Inspiration: The steadfast hold of the northern star.
- Description/Key Notes: Potent, Earthy, Harmonizing
- Use: The Dragon’s Blood incense helps protect and strengthen your aura from external negativity and psychic attacks thus energizing your psychic and spiritual core.
- English Lavender – Incense that is a fresh, sweet and charming fragrance.
- Mood/Inspiration: Snuggling in for bedtime stories.
- Description/Key Notes: Soothing, Sublime, Herbal
- Use: The Lavender flora incense helps soothe, put to rest bedtime worries and lift insomnia.
- Good Luck – Good Luck incense is a slightly sweet amber vanilla masala with a hint of wildflowers
- White Sage -The protective aura of white sage provides safe sanctuary with this special blend.
- Mood/Inspiration: Sheltering under a tree during a passing shower.
- Description/Key Notes: Woody, Sacred, Devotional
- Use: The White Sage flora incense helps release and cleanse energy from your space and provides protection.
” KARMANYE VADHIKARASTE MA PHALESHU KADACHANA MA KARMAPHALA-HETUR BHUR MA TE SANGOSTVA KARMANI”
“You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider yourself to be the cause of the results of your activities, and never be attached to not doing your duty.”
A belief in the power of imagination led to the birth of “Shrinivas Sugandhalaya”. In India, scents and rituals co-mingle every day. The gentle aroma of a jasmine garland can provide a sense of grounding here and now. A whiff of Sandalwood Incense from Father’s study is a sign that he is pouring over books or in deep meditation.
In a land where the power of scent is indisputable, Late Shri K.N. Satyam Setty, the founder of “Shrinivas Sugandhalaya” decided to imagine a world of scents for his Love & Passion.
He established a small Incense manufacturing unit in the year 1964, making up his mind by understanding the ancient way of making Incense with various fragrances, and of particular interest to him was a practice used by monks in medieval times whereby the key incense ingredients were incorporated and massaged into a special container resin which was then hand-rolled into incense. This technique called “Masala” or “Flora” Incense became the prime driver of production at Shrinivas Sugandhalaya (the other technique, known as “charcoal” incense literally involves dipping the unscented stick directly into the ingredient mixture). Over the years, “masala” incense has established itself to a global audience as lasting longer and stronger per stick than its “dipped” counterpart and Satyam Setty, being the contemporary “King of Masala Incense”.
Satyam Setty was a keen innovator and used his power of imagination to evoke powerful moods through his recipe blends. One of the best blends from the house was the “Satya Sai Baba Nag Champa”, which is the most sought after and commercially successful masala / flora incense blend across the world till date.
A New Chapter:
While Satyam Setty revolutionized “Shrinivas Sugandhalaya”, his son Shri Balakrishna Setty joined him & apprenticed under him. Acquainted with the manufacturing process, Balakrishna Setty strives to combine his innovative, genius and creativity with the high standards of the original manufacturing process with the key of purity & quality ingredients. It was his father’s belief & trust in him that made Shri Balakrishna Setty to invent a new fragrance hand rolled Agarbatti called “SUPER HIT”. As NAG CHAMPA & SUPER HIT quickly came to be loved across the country homes, with its success “Shrinivas Sugandhalaya” Incenses became popular for their signature purifying capacities.
In 2014, the Company “Shrinivas Sugandhalaya (BNG) LLP” raised its head under the Management headed by his son Shri Balakrishna Setty by setting up the manufacturing units in southern city of Bangalore, India.
Old fans of the erstwhile “Shrinivas Sugandhalaya” are guaranteed with authenticity and vibrancy of their beloved incense brand. While new fans are treated to a corpus of new and evolving products from the house of “Shrinivas Sugandhalaya (BNG) LLP”.
“Inhale and waft along with our scents as they help you create new visions, strengthen faith and devotion or simply leave you with a memory to cherish.”