- A clean lighter will light more consistently and burn more efficiently.
- Always use Colibri Premium Butane. A fine lighter clogged with fuel impurities can leave you in the dark. Colibri butane is the cleanest of all the leading brands, and is pressurized at the correct level for Colibri lighters. Unfortunately, we cannot ship butane due to Postal Regulations but it can be purchased at most tobacconists or through Colibri’s service department.
- When flame height begins to decrease, simply refill the lighter.
- The flame adjuster can be turned to set flame height to customer’s preference.
- Most lighter problems require only simple troubleshooting to solve. Please refer to accompanying chart.
- Always make sure that a lighter’s burner is clean and free of dirt and dust.
- Bleeding a fuel tank: Bleed a lighter’s fuel tank only when the flame begins to drop and lighter is nearly empty. Perform bleeding only in a well-ventilated area, away from any heat source, sparks or flame. To bleed, hold the lighter upright, away from your face, and depress the filler valve with a paper clip or small screwdriver until no hissing sound is heard.
Lighter will spark but
|Out of fuel||Refill lighter|
|won’t ignite||Airlock||Bleed tank (see above)|
|Dirty burner||Blowout burner with compressed air|
|Electrode out of alignment||Return for service (Electro-Quartz only)|
|Flame adjuster too low||Set adjuster higher|
Lighter won’t spark
|No flint (flint lighters only)||Replace flint|
|Electro-Quartz malfunction||Return for service|
|Flame jumps||Air in tank||Bleed tank (see above)|
|Burner malfunction||Return for service|
|Hissing sound||Butane leak||Return for service|
|Flame adjustment too high||Set adjuster lower|
|Flame rises||Low fuel||Refill lighter|
|Flame lowers||Low fuel||Refill lighter|
|Dirty burner||Blow out burner with compressed air|
Colibri lighters carry a limited repair service warranty (see warranty that accompanies a lighter for specific terms for that model). The warranty covers mechanical parts only and excludes damage resulting from accident, misuse, tampering and abuse. A lighter’s outer case finish is not covered by the warranty. COLIBRI OFFERS SUCH A WARRANTY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES. ANY WARRANTY IMPLIED BY LAW, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS, IS IN EFFECT ONLY FOR THE DURATION OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE IN THIS PARAGRAPH. COLIBRI WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF ITS LIGHTERS.