Fe.Ro Jackass – Quality pipes made in Italy by Federico Rivera providing Old World quality without Compromise!!
Central Italian briar from the Tuscany region is used exclusively in the Fe.Ro pipe production. This high-grade briar, recognized for its rich grain, is put through elaborate aging, manufacturing and production process. The combination of quality and looks delivers a superior product, resulting in a sweeter, dryer, and a better smoking pipe.
- Length 5 1/2″
- Bowl Height 1 1/2″
- Bowl Width Outside 1 1/4″
- Bowl Width Inside 3/4″ (all sizes approximate – stand shown not included)Features Include:
- Smooth Walnut Gloss Finish
- Ebonite Mouthpiece
- 6mm Filter Ready (Click here to order filters)
- Carbonized Bowl
- Medium size
BREAKING IN A WOOD PIPE
The following are some break-in and maintenance instructions that should enhance smoking pleasure.
- Wet the inside of the bowl for the first few clouds of smoke to reduce the harshness of smoking tobacco in a brand new pipe.
- For the first few clouds of smoke, only half fill your pipe. Pack the tobacco on the bottom loosely to avoid clogging the hole and to secure a good draft. Press the upper layer more firmly, not too much, not too little.
- Light up evenly and smoke slowly, using your tamper to keep the tobacco firm inside the bowl.
- By gradually increasing the amount of tobacco, you will ensure an even build-up of a “cake”. Do not allow this to become excessive as a surplus of “cake” may crack the bowl. This char insulates the pipe, controls the temperature and ensures the ultimate taste and aroma.
- Do not smoke more than 1 to 2 pipefuls a day for the first two weeks.
- Clean your pipe with a pipe tool and pipe cleaner and let it cool.