Fe.Ro Beta Black Full Bent
Central Italian briar from the Tuscany region is used exclusively in the Fe.Ro Beta Black Full Bent production. This high-grade briar, recognized for its rich grain, is put through elaborate aging, manufacturing and production process. The combination of quality and looks delivers a superior product, resulting in a sweeter, dryer, and a better smoking pipe.
BREAKING IN A WOOD PIPE
The following are some break-in and maintenance instructions that should enhance smoking pleasure.
- Wet the inside of the bowl for the first few clouds of smoke to reduce the harshness of smoking tobacco in a brand new pipe.
- For the first few clouds of smoke, only half fill your pipe. Pack the tobacco on the bottom loosely to avoid clogging the hole and to secure a good draft. Press the upper layer more firmly, not too much, not too little.
- Light up evenly and smoke slowly, using your tamper to keep the tobacco firm inside the bowl.
- By gradually increasing the amount of tobacco, you will ensure an even build-up of a “cake”. Do not allow this to become excessive as a surplus of “cake” may crack the bowl. This char insulates the pipe, controls the temperature and ensures the ultimate taste and aroma.
- Do not smoke more than 1 to 2 pipefuls a day for the first two weeks.
- Clean your pipe with a pipe tool and pipe cleaner and let it cool.